music as old as our cars (the Stones tour 97)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: music as old as our cars (the Stones tour 97)
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 09:01:50 -0500
Right all,  Terrick here.

The Rolling Stones were back in town last night - only their third stop on
the tour.

They don't need any practise - the show is fantastic and well worth going
(if you like any of their music, that is).  Thier playlist included a bit
of everything but they ignored a lot of that filler stuff from the late
80's.

They have a cameo shaped video screen, about 50 feet wide or so.  Most of
the time it is real time MTV from about 8 cameras it seemed.  The picture
was better than what I get on my TV!  The sound was excellent - a surprise
for staduim shows.  Of course the beer and the souvenirs were xpensive as
normal.

Nostalgia anybody?

When they did let's spend the night together they clipped old Ed Sullivan
footage in and did the whole video in black and white.  Also a better
picture than my TV.

Maybe I need a new TV.

Dve Terrick
Winnipeg.

And now, the LBC content.

My tags expire tomorrow.  I again took the car for a ride.  The konis have
now seized completely - or so it feels.  It was almost painful to drive.  I
left it on the parking pad and when I returned from the concert, the
battery had died and we had to push it into the garage where I expect it
will stay.

Is this still punishment for racing?  Or is my warranty up.