Politics and our cars

To: jruwaldt@indiana.edu
Subject: Politics and our cars
From: bullobc@vtxix.slg.eds.com (Chris Bullock - vtxix)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 11:15:38 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
--21cb_53c4-7528_6764-dbe_67f
Content-MD5: +Jx2NKZ+jLgA4N3Q0yPzZw==

Jim and all,

FIRST - I apologize for my statements if I offended
anyone - I think government regulations, that impede
our ability to drive our collector cars, are very
intrusive.  By applying unreasonable and increasingly
tight restrictions on meeting emissions and 'safety'
specifications across the board, these government
agencies will run us right out of our hobby.  This,
I believe, requires careful attention to events (such
s SB42 in California and the recent CT issue) -
unfortunately, politics has a huge impact on collector
cars as there are political fronts that have loud voices
and lots of influence when it comes to environmental
issues - and they really don't care who they 'drive'
over to fulfill their agenda.

SECOND - I was just trying to provide some general
information to the list and wasn't really addressing
the issue of Canadian vs. U.S. regs in the 70's - sorry
to waste bandwidth.

Chris Bullock
Colchester, Vermont

1970 TR6 PI  CP51686 O
   \   I  N  J  E  C  T  I  O  N    /  cough, cough, hack ...

--21cb_53c4-7528_6764-dbe_67f--