ATTENTION VTR travellers!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ATTENTION VTR travellers!
From: ybullet@flash.net (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 22:40:36 -0500
Hello travellers,

   I have a few travel tips for you around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

   If you're coming from the west on 20, you shouldn't have any hang-ups around
the Ft. Worth area, but be reminded that there is still rush hour traffic
to contend with at I-30 and I-35.

   If you're coming down from the north, the same holds true.  Try to beat
rush hour.  I feel that before 4pm is the best, or after 6pm.

   Now, if you're coming from the east, like many of my friends from the TCOC
and from the northeast,  Dallas can be a nightmare!
  There are only two types of roads in the Dallas area:  those under
construction and those that are ready for construction.  Dallas is a mess.
Definately plan to com through early.  I mean like 2pm, but not much later.

   I live in Arlington.  That's exactly between Dallas and Ft. Worth. I'm
just off I-30  It's located about 18 miles west of Dallas.  Presently there
is construction going on in this area.  I see it everyday, but I'm going
the opposite direction.  I get a very scary picture of overheating TR's in
this traffic!  It begins in the Ballpark area.  That's the Texas Ranger's
field.  You MUST pass through here no later than 4pm or you will get stuck!
There aren't any games scheduled at for that date, so the traffic will be
a bit less.

   If you're coming from the south, I-20 is you're best bet.  Take I-20,
then north on Route 360, to I-30 west.  You will have to contend with the
previously mentioned traffic, unless you drive down to I-35 and head north
to I-30 east.
the hotel won't be far from there.

   Let's all have a safe trip, okay?  If anyone breaks down or needs a
hand, please feel free to phone me at home.  I'll be there Tuesday from the
afternoon on and at the Hotel on Wednesday during the day.  I won't be
staying at the hotel, but they will be able to find me, since I'll be
working nearly every event!  That was my choice.  I'm also taking the week
off for this event.

   My number is 817-795-7696.  Please, don't hesitate to call for anything,
anytime.  I own a huge Dodge 4x4 with a V-10 and I'm available!

   Take care and I'll see ya'll in Texas!

                                                Steve