RE: 3 Point SeatBelt

To: "Kirk Crawford" <kirk.crawford@beachnet.com> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: 3 Point SeatBelt
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 26 Jun 1997 07:55:36 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0755A33B282E8021-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 26 Jun 1997 07:55:36 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 26 Jun 1997 07:55:36 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0755A33B282E8021*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Kirk Crawford wrote:
I would like to retrofit a 3 point seat belt into my 67 Spitfire Mark 2.
If I used one from a triumph, which years would be best and where is the
shoulder attached?  Can I purchase a 3rd party belt  new?
++++++++++++++++++++++
Kirk - you can purchase from a variety of sources a nice racing style belt
system for about $65 to $75 per seat that will mount to the stock eye bolts
on the floor pan using spring loaded "snap" connectors.

I purchased a three point harness consisting of 3 inch wide lap belts
(stock width is 2 inches BTW) with a 2 inch "Y" shaped shoulder harness
which mounts to a single eye bolt mounted to the flat parcel bulkhead
behind the seats.  If you really want to get fancy you can buy an
anti-submarine belt, too.  (And, no, it does not keep submarines from
attacking your LBC, it keeps the driver from submarining under the dash in
case of a crash).  You can get the standard lever type buckle or pay more
and get the "twist" style release.  Belts come in numerous colors.

Try Summit Racing, Juggs, or just about any performance parts store.
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. Gen. Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.
(213) 742-4756/(213) 742-4010 fax