Lubing the trunions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lubing the trunions
From: "PAUL LOGUE" <GPAULOGUE@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 97 04:53:36 UT
I am restoring a 77 Spit with 160,000 miles.  I have put more than half of the
miles on this car in 12 years.  Until I rebuilt the front end during the
present restoration, I had been putting a medium weight high temp "red" grease
used in packing wheel bearings on most General Aviation aircraft. When I
dismantled the suspension, I found the trunions to be like new.  I never knew
about the preference for "oil" until I read it during reassembling.  I think I
will stick with the grease.

Paul Logue
77 Spit
Midland, GA