Allison/Crane ignition parts info needed!!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Allison/Crane ignition parts info needed!!!
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 09:29:36 -0500
Hi all,  Terrick here...yet again.

Have been following the ignition thread with much interest - I myself am
running a "Judson Electronic Magneto", period from the early 70's and late
60's (look at an old road and Track).  10.75:1 CR and it works fine.
Starts ALMOST instantly and pulls hard all the way up.  Scared most of our
club's TR6's and the '8 is next once it's out of the bodyshop.  (still
doesn't corner or stop, kinda like an ol'chevy product just now (PLEEEEASE,
no flames, just a joke...I'll get it right as soon as I have the time)

I have an Allison (now Crane) ignition for an electronic 4 cyl Lucas (ie
Spit/TR7) and have been offered an MSD 6AL and blaster coil for cheap.
However, I can't see the point until I ditch the points.

Can ANYONE point me in the direction of parts for there things?  The
Allison box suggests you can "take them with you to your next car, just
call and we'll send a new chopper...bla bla bla"  but of course,  the info
is outdated.

Anyone knowing of the chopper to fit a Delco 202 (early GT6) or similar,
can you please email directly?  I'd love to get "more power", "1/2 crank
start",  "all fuel burned"  etc.  Maybe I have that now,  but you never
know until you try.  And I'd kinda like to plug the rev chip in to avoid
the large left foot!

Thanks in advance

Dave Terrick
69 GT6   (Road and Track)