Re: FW: Dead car

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: Dead car
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:10:24 -0500
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> [BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
> ["Damian Penney" <dpenney@ftpoint.com>]]
>
>      Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 14:42:03 -0700
>      From: "Damian Penney" <dpenney@ftpoint.com>
>      Subject: Dead car
>
> Well my nice TR6 died last night.... I was just driving around when
> all of
> a sudden I lost all power the engine ticked over for a while and then
> just
> died. I had virtually no gas so maybe something got stuck in the fuel
> line,
> but filling up didn't help. The car turns over fine, splutters
> occasionally
> but never catches What would be the symptoms of piston rings blowing,
> lost
> compression etc etc..
>
> Damian Penney
> Developer
> Fort Point Partners
>
> 612 Howard Street, Suite 300
> San Francisco, CA 94105
> http://www.fortpt.com
>
> P: 415.882.4291
> F: 415.882.4246
> E: dpenney@fortpt.com
Damian,
You don't mention if you ckd your fuel pump?  Is it still pumping fuel
at a good steady stream od just dribbeling out? Or neither one.
If it's not getting any fuel (ck by removing the tank side fuel line)
try using compressed air and blowing thru the line toward the tank,  You
may have rust scale blocking the fuel inlet at the tank. JMHO

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
Been there, done that