Re: 6 cylinder thrust washers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested), Ljbtvr@aol.com (Return requested)
Subject: Re: 6 cylinder thrust washers
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 17 Jun 1997 09:37:23 -0400
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 0127E33A69313104-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 17 Jun 1997 09:37:23 -0400
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 17 Jun 1997 09:37:23 -0400
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0127E33A69313104*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     Perhaps I should knock on wood...but at 170,000 miles (plus) no
     problem with thrust washers on the TR-6 yet!  Tolerance check still
     reasonable.

     I only became conscious of the need to stay off the clutch in the last
     six years or so...had the car since '80...so for some of those miles I
     spent more time on the clutch than I probably should have....so, what
     is this design deficiency so often blamed on the guys from
     Coventry?????

     PMcQ

     76 Spit
     73 TR-6