Fuel ? problem(s)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel ? problem(s)
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:50:11 -0600
Got 1 block yesterday on my way to a local club's British car show when my
TR6 stalled.  It eventually re-started after lots of cranking and choke,
but stumbled badly and stalled again.  Full throttle barely gets 1000-2000
rpm then suddenly clears out and runs OK for seconds to several minutes
before stalling again.  Obviously its getting some fuel  - but where do I
start looking for the problem??  The gas in the tank may have a little left
from last year before winter storage, but the tank has been topped off
several times this year and has run fine until now, so I don't think its
bad gas.
Any help would be appreciated.
Rod.   '70 TR6  CC55899L