[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:53:39 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
--Boundary_[ID_tnnh5zlehWdMQKRA3L+sAg]

>Yep, the Mustangs, Camaros, Pontiac, T-Bird all knew we were racing.  In
>a couple of cases we raced more than once with the same results.  At a
>"track tour" at Road America last spring, where passing was only allowed
>on the main straight, I got by a 5.0 Mustang and he was DEFINITELY
>racing.  Of course that was just before a brand new Porsche Turbo passed
>me at speed differential of at least 30mph.  I've timed my TR-6 at 0-60
>(corrected for speedo error) in the low 6 second range.  Whether the
>opponents were getting the most from their cars I can't really say, but
>it's my impression that most drivers of these cars think tire squeal and
>speed are the same thing.  The most overused quote after such an
>encounter is "What have you got in that thing?"  The answer usually
>makes them hang their heads in shame :-)

So, what have you got in that thing?  Not standard obviously!!! :-)

I raced a scramble bike last night in my battered 73 MkIV Spit, kept up with
him to about 50 where I 'let' him take the lead because of the road narrowing,
we gave each other a friendly wave at the next set of lights, with him
indicating his bike felt a bit dodgey, could have been something to do with the
torrential rain storm we were having at the time.  :-)

There used to be a Herald in our club that had a 351 Cleveland V8 fitted to it
with 3 speed box, never bothered with first.  Apparently, Porsche's were NO
problem, even kept up with some big bikes too!!!!!

Rich

--Boundary_[ID_tnnh5zlehWdMQKRA3L+sAg]--