No it didn't

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: No it didn't
From: Bill Wood <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 22:32:36 -0700
"And to think, it all started with a tractor!"

I know this is being anal retentive, but I'm just trying to help.  It
didn't start with a tractor.  It started with the Vangard.  Then Sir
John
Black and Harry Ferguson struck a deal to build Ferguson tractors for
the U.K. market at Standard.  That tractor used the Vangard engine, not
the other way around.  The tractor works was a cash cow for Standard for
quite a while, being sold off to provide much needed cash.  This led to
Standard seeking a partner by the mid to late 1960, with Leyland taking
over in April 1961.  And we all know where that led...

Bill Wood
1973 TR6
1979 TR8 Coupe
1981 TR8 F.I.