Re: Rain-X

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rain-X
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:06:13 -0400 (EDT)
I like to use Rain-X on side and rear windows, and on headlights, but not
on the windshield.  It's great on the windshield for daytime driving, but
on a rainy night those zillions of tiny beads of water refract oncoming
headlights, blinding me.  Other users don't seem to be bothered by it, so
YMMV.

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Vic Whitmore wrote:

> I have used Rain X for several years and am completely satisfied with
> it. I avoid using my wipers and it seems that the harder it rains, the
> better it works. When the beads of water roll right up the windshield,
> it is really satisfying. It'ss great in winter too, as the muddy spray
> seems to bead up as well and doesn't obscure your vision as fast as
> without Rain X. In the summer, the bugs clean off easier.
> I buy mine at Costco/Price Club in the 500 mL bottle and it lasts a long
> time and I use it on three cars. And my wife really gets ticked if I
> don't de her windshield.
> I do the windshield, the side windows, the rear window, the mirrors and
> the sun roof. When I think about it, I do the headlights as well.
> Its just a great product and sometimes I wished that I owned a piece of
> the company or could duplicate it myself.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.