RE: Any ideas on changing the advance curve on a Lucas distributor?

To: "Doug Bell" <dbell@hsonline.net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Any ideas on changing the advance curve on a Lucas distributor?
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 09 Jun 1997 09:18:48 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Scions of Stanpart" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested), "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 09108339C2CE802D-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 09 Jun 1997 09:18:48 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 09 Jun 1997 09:18:48 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <09108339C2CE802D*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Doug - you'll need to obtain the different tension springs for the
machanical advance weights, and then experiment swapping out different
springs until you find the right combo.  It's a lot of tedious time
consuming work.  As to where to get the weights, hmmmm, someone else on the
list helped me earlier with problems I had with a Delco D200 dizzy, but I
don't remember who it was.  Hopefully they will respond. Good luck.

Ross D. Vincenti - Costa Mesa, CA
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe

+++++++++++++++++
I'll tooss this out to the Triumphs list. It's a bit beyond my area of
expertise.

Anyone out there care to help Doug on this one?

 --Andy

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Doug Bell wrote:

> I have a 1500 Spitfire engine that I warmed up with 10:1 CR, headers,
dual
> SUs/1296 intake manifold, and a modified cam.  I'm using a Delco
> distributor D-204, an emission controlled item from a Mk3 Spitfire.  I
get
> knock under 3000 rpm when ignition timing is set at 6 BTDC.  Looking at
the
> specs for this distributor, it is obvious the mechanical advance curve is
> set way up compared to its non-emission controlled counterpart from the
UK