high speed miss

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: high speed miss
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 09:01:42 -0500
Hi all, Dave Terick here with a story of my race GT6 and a question that
refers back to the carb thread for TR6.

First, the race,  well,  ok, the laps.  With some good fuel, the S4 race
cam, Kastner by-the-book on everything else,  the GT6+ is a wonderful car
on a 1.3 mile permanent airport course.  This weekend was test weekend and
the chassis is fantastic, the brakes are awful, and the motor is amazing.
HOWEVER...

high speed (or hi G's) left turns result in a miss at worst, and a very
noticible lack of power at best.  The car     IS running rich, does have
grosse jets, and a facet blue top electric pump, and lots of that wicked fuel.

Any thoughts?

The thread I remember was for TR6's doing the same thing to v arying
degrees.  My TR6 did so too and all efforts including a complete
replacement of all ignition all fuel and all fuel systems produced only
small changes in the problem.

I DO NOT LIKE BEING CHASED OUT OF A CORNER BY A HONDA CIVIC!!!!!!  That
said,  I think it's engineering is abit more advanced both in suspension
and power.  This same driver later in the day (while driving my car at my
request)  said "wicked,  neutral handling, FUN"  and others.  Wouldn't I
just love to show him those pointy tallights all the time!

Please reply directly to dterrick@pangea.ca as I dont want to junk up the
list with a lot of crosstalk yet.   I promise that the results will be
summarized and credit given where due.  Maybe someone out there wants to
visit Winnipeg at the end of July and do some development testing?

Dave Terrick
69 Gt6+