For sale - 1963 Triumph Sports 6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: For sale - 1963 Triumph Sports 6
From: "Chris Bullock" <bullobc@vtxix.slg.eds.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 97 10:00:54 PDT
Folks,

There is a 63 Sports 6 for sale in Northfield, VT.  I
did have a look at the car for Chad Jester, but he's
found another that's fully restored that he's going for.
Andy Mace turned it down - for now :) - so I'm posting
it here to hopefully find it a good home.  I don't know
the owner but really like the car and would purchase it
myself, but, well ... I'm committed to spending bucks on
my PI.  Here are the details I gathered:

> 1963 Triumph Sports 6
> Comm. No.   HB 6281 LCV
> Body No.    HBC 1561
> Engine No.  HB 6375 HF

Didn't get a look at the gearbox number
but he says it's the original and I tend
to believe him based on the car overall.

I drove it around a dirt road circle in
front of the property.  The car is complete
including the Solex carbs, aluminum bumper
cappings in front, air cleaner, etc.

The car has a 'removable' hard top - actually
a Herald hard top that's been used on the car
for storage.  There are two rails riveted along
the outer edge of both sides of the rear top
area where it mounts.  The original soft top
frame is intact but the material is gone.  He
has the complete window glass for the soft top
configuration as well as for the hard top.

The car is black with a red stripe around the middle
wrapping around the front and running along the side of
the car to the rear - red interior.

He has done some minor work along the bottom of both
doors and repaired a small dent at the front of the
bonnet (fiberglass - body filler from what I gather) but
otherwise, things look pretty solid.  I lifted up the
carpets to check on the floors - some surface rust, but
nothing major from what I could tell.  The boot looks
solid as well, including the auxilary petrol tank with
switchover lever?!

I tried my best to give the car a once-over as I've
never seen one of these - great looking cars for sure!

Owner is Johnathon Higgins - (802) 223-0536.  He's asking
$4,000 or best offer but I know he'd take less.  Let me know
if anyone has any more questions.

Regards,

Chris Bullock
Colchester, Vermont