TR6 Cold Starting (Another ZS Problesm?)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Cold Starting (Another ZS Problesm?)
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 01:50:33 -0400 (EDT)
Listers,

        I "puttsed around" with too many things at one time and now
it takes forever (about 60 seconds) to start my '72 TR6. I don't believe
it's the timing, compression, or valves because once it starts, it real good.
Also, no problem re-starting with a warm engine. But let it sit for more
than 2 hours
at 60 degree weather, it's back to cranking and cranking.

        I seem to think it's the carbs, to I've tried things like starting with
and without choke, accelerator to the floor and no accelerator - all to no real
avail. Has anyone had experience like this? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

                        Thanking in advance,
                        Jeff Nathanson