Re: Panasports

To: smith007@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Panasports
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 02:15:59 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
smith007@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I have read several posts from different people, all using various brands
> of tyres, but all using 215/6515's.My question is this; some are using
> 15x6, and some are using the 15x7  panasports, what are the requirements,
> or factors in deciding to use either the 15x6 or 15x7 ? This is for a TR6.

Phil, practical experience of list members here counts, but you might
also call your nearest Panasport distributor--I think they have a big
distribution point in Florida--and ask for their application guide. They
have a fairly comprehensive listing of available wheels, and what tires
can be safely mounted for those applications, including differences in
circumference for recalculating speedometer drives. The biggest
consideration in fitting a wider wheel is the amount of and direction of
the offset--will the wheel offset and width cause the tire to bind and
rub on the suspension or the wheelwell at its extremes? Another little
recognized concern is the fit of the tire on the rim--too narrow or wide
a tire on a rim can cause it to pull off the bead area in very hard
cornering (not desireable <g>).

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....