Turn signal replacement.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Turn signal replacement.
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 07:55:14 -0700
Well Lucas strikes again!  My turn signal switch ( part no. 158966 )  on the
GT (same as Spitfire) gave up the ghost, or should I say tried to illuminate
the dim cockpit yesterday morning by trying to emulate a small D.C. arc
welder, and filling the interior with wonderful smelling burning insulation
and bakelite.  Actually quite a show!  I'm sure passers-by wondered what the
hell was happening inside the car with all the flashing going on!  I guess I
shouldn't complain, as it has lasted over twenty years.  This is about the
only thing I haven't replaced on any of my Triumphs so was wondering before
I dive into it, is this going to require the removal of the steering column
(god forbid) or can I simply remove the small cover on the bottom of the
column to gain access to the wires?  I would find out eventually but thought
I would ask and see before I started (to get mentally ready)
 And I thought I was going to have a little time off from working on the
cars , silly me
(really hate not driving some British car to work, took the truck today-yech)

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire ( 5 speed's mounted, working on tranny cover )
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)