TR6 and Overdrive (NOT standard on US cars ! ! )

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 and Overdrive (NOT standard on US cars ! ! )
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 13:45:28 -0400 (EDT)
<It's my understanding that the overdrive was in fact made standard on home
market cars only. There are MANY U.S. spec,  post 1973 cars that were
non-O/D. Just another example of the inaccuracies in Piggott's book. In fact
the people on this list probably know a LOT more about TR6s than Piggott!
 Maybe we should write our own book of TR6 "facts"???>>

Very emphatically TRUE - My wife owned a brand new 1976 Carmine TR6 while we
were in college.  The car did NOT have overdrive.

FWIW
JoeSimcoe