Bypass hose

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bypass hose
From: CAMHI ALAN <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 97 8:58:20 -0400
Hello all,

I have another question for everyone.  This is becoming a daily event.
I'll have to bring donuts next time. I must say that the advice I get is
top notch so here is my latests question:

I have been told that I need to plug up the  bypass hose on my '65 TR4
when I replace the current thermostat with a new one.  Apparently, the
water flows too fast and does not provide adequate cooling.
Can anyone explain this and also(more importantly) can anyone comment on
how to plug this hose.  Is it the hose that gets plugged or maybe the
thermostat housing or some other do-dad.

Also, is there a funky way of pulling the valve cover that I am not aware
of?  I removed the two bolts and washers but am having a difficult time
lifting off the cover.  I do not want to try and pry it off and I'm
afraid to rap it lightly with a rubber mallot.  Any advice?

Thanks in advance for all the future help on this.

 As a follow up on my previous radiator problem, I went to a dedicated
radiator shop and had my leaky radiator boiled, fixed and painted.  They
also did my heater core.  Both were done for $65 total.  Not bad,
cosidering what the three big guys(Moss, Vicky B, TRF, etc) wanted for a
new one.  Thanks for all the really helpful information.

Cheers,

Alan Camhi
TR4