Re: TR4 Wing Removal

To: EPaul21988@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Wing Removal
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 09:11:32 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
EPaul21988@aol.com wrote:

> List:
> What tool is best to get at the bolts attaching the rear wings of a TR4?  I
> cannot seem to get a socket on the ones inside the trunk.  Am I to suffer
> through this with an offset box wrench?
> Bob Paul
> Corrales, NM
> TS45738L"O"
> TS7280L

Bob,
>From what I remember I had trouble with the bolts arond the top of the
wheel well and near the gas tank. I found out what size the bolt head
was (I think it was a 10mm or 11mm -- I know that Triumphs didn't use
,metric but these worked) and then I ground down or filed the outside
diameter at the socket opening so that ythe socket could be used  and
would fit into the tight clearance space.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
--
Lenny Seidman
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA