Herald Racing Update!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Herald Racing Update!!
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 09:15:05 -0700
Hi,

Just wanted to thank those of you who offered to help me out with wheels
for the Herald. I aquired a decent set of dish mags last night from a
friend who probally puts all of us to shame when it comes to Triumph
stuff. Although I've known him for a year or so now last night was the
first time I'd been to his house. 2 TR-3's, TR-4, 2000, GT-6 Racer,
etc.etc.etc. And that's just what he keeps there. And his wife races
too!!
The new motor for his GT-3 GT-6 looks great, and you should see the
exhaust header. A pure work of art...  Can't wait to see how it goes at
the next SCCA regional.

Now I'll get the Yok A008's mounted up on these rims and see if they
clear. I put the bare rims on last night, and held the tires up next to
them for an eyeball check. I came to a definite conclusion that they
might fit maybe8^) I'll find out for sure this evening... which brings
me to this.

A question for you concours type guys. What's the chance that anyone
would care to restore a Herald Saloon as nicely as the big TR's are done
up? I'm at the point now where everything could be put back to stock
very easily, but I may have to roll the fenders to get the big tires to
fit. The car wasn't totally original when I got it, but I have to decide
now if I'm ever going to want to make it that way. I don't want to
become someone's DPO!!! Opinions advice and all comments are solicited.
TIA

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Racing Herald???