Wives and the Good Stuff

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wives and the Good Stuff
From: "K.R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 18:22:21 -0400
Wait a minute here. I don't know your wives but the interest in
Triumphs makes them GREAT ladies in my books-made all the more
interesting by this talk of leather (or was that lather?), lace
and push-up bras!

I bought my 62 TR4 over 30 years ago and my lovely wife has
shared this interest over the years-the Spitfire is hers. I knew
this was a serious interest back in the early 70's when we owned
a Datsun 510. It was kitted out with all that Brock Racing
Enterprises handling stuff as used on the TransAm series cars.
It handled beautifully but she wanted me to go for the Yuma
Rocket engine because there would be nothing cooler than sitting
at a light with some hot-shot kid in his Mustang or Camaro
blipping the throttle and then on the green, dusting him. Alas,
I talked her out of it.

You are all very lucky that your wives share this passion with
you-as am I. Each of the kids has even picked out the model they
want to one day own. The seventeen year old wants a TR8-probably
because it is the one with the V8 power and he wants to be
macho. The thirteen year old wanted a TR6 but now that she is in
that rebellious stage, is leaning toward an MGB-but it must be a
chrome bumpered MGB-none of that slow, heavy, rubber-bumper crap
for her. Then again, she is the weird one. She is also leaning
toward Land Rovers and anything else off the beaten path. The
youngest (11) wants a TR5 (not a TR250!). She wants the power
that the PI engine can give but  now realizes how rare these are
over here so she'll settle for a Mini or maybe a TR3! Don't you
wish you had these problems? Then again, where will we keep them
all...oh yeah, that's my problem.

Great wife...great kids...where did this thread start?
Regardless, it brought some great thoughts. Thanks.

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario