TR6 floorboard question/Jaguar 120

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 floorboard question/Jaguar 120
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:43:08 -0700
First the question...

My TR6 has a pretty tatty passenger side floorpan section.  I know
replacements are available for MGBs...but I don't know about the TR6.
Are they available and if so, does anyone have experience replacing
them?  I'm assuming it's a job a decent welder could do.

Now for the fun....

Last Sunday, Mother's Day, I spent with my father (dear mum is back
in Jolly old England) tooling around in his immaculately restored
54 XK120 FHC.  I thought I'd take him to Alice's Restaurant, of
Bay Area fame to motorcycle types to see the sights. Figuring we'd
be ogling bevel drive Ducatis, old Triumphs and new Triumphs I was
surprised to hear someone say "hey, wanna race?" as we pulled in to
the parking lot.  "whaddya got?", I replied...." "A real car", replied
the chap pointing to a GORGEOUS XK120 roadster in LeMans trim.
Parked right next to it was an equally immaculate Aston Martin DB5
SuperLeggera.  Both cars were beautifully and accurately prepped
for historic rallying.  Anyone running the California Mille should
check them out...they're wonderful.

As for my dad's Jag....it's a joy to drive...a bit truck-like in
its handling, and heavy brakes and clutch....but still fun.  Great
wonderful torque, and predictable, if arcane handling and suspension.
It sure does get lots of attention though...

Best Regards,

--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto       CA              USA
http://www.rahul.net/tjn