re Oil Pressure Gauge

To: "'markt@tiac.net'" <markt@tiac.net>
Subject: re Oil Pressure Gauge
From: Chris Leah <crl@iafrica.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 13:11:11 +0200
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mark,
Sorry to be a bit late on this one, but I'm on the digest and what with one
thing and another, have only just got round to reading it.
During the restoration of my Spitfire Mk2, I replaced the mechanical oil
pressure gauge that had been fitted by one of the PO's with an electrical
gauge. The main reason for this was to prevent any possible breakage and/or
leakage of oil from the capillary tube onto the new (and expensive) carpets.
The old gauge had leaked and stained the old carpets quite badly. I bought the
gauge from a company in the UK called Holdens, together with the pressure
sensor and a T-piece, and fitted the sensor together with the oil light switch
by means of the T-piece.
It works well, was easy to install and I don't have to worry about the oil
leaks inside the car, only outside, but that's normal anyway!
Good luck whichever way you decide to go.
Chris Leah
1966 Spitfire Mk2
Durban, South Africa