Re: "New" GT6

To: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: "New" GT6
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 21:58:06 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
bill nichol wrote:

> Spare parts to bring?
>         Bring your credit card with the highest open limit and a whole bucket
> of spare time.

Well, the credit card is not too much of a problem--but spare time is at
a premium. <g>

>         Seriously, I get my Spit out on the road quite regularly. Have......I
> was going to say something but I wouldn't want to jinks myself.

I understand that perfectly--a good example of same was a `64 VW bus I
bought in graduate school. $100 for the bus, and $200 for a good used
40hp engine, and I'd run it about a year and a half without putting much
more money than that in it. Driving home late one night, thinking to
myself, "not a bad deal at all--have been pretty lucky with this one."
And at precisely that moment, it spit out the #1 spark plug with so much
force that it dented the exterior sheet metal. <g>

> I carry
> extras of all the vital fluids. Seems they can occasionally delete
> themselves for know obvious reason.

After three years of a Spitfire and five with a TR4, I remember the
tendency to weep everything, running or not. <g>

>         Congrats, Have a great time. I wish I had one. One of the prettest
>cars
> around in my book.

Thanks, Bill--been curious about the car every since I saw my first one
blasting out of the nurses' BOQ parking lot at Ft. Shafter, Hawaii in
1969. Thought, that's a nice little car! <g>

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....