Re: Dunmb Questions # 3 and # 4

To: Atwell Haines <Carbuff@scooter.net>
Subject: Re: Dunmb Questions # 3 and # 4
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 19:30:30 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Having been silly enough to remove the British Rusproofing from the valve
>cover on my '79 Spitfire, I would like to repaint it. It is a dark orange
>colour.

My 80 Spitfire's valve cover is blue.  Just a little lighter then Ford blue,
and I
believe it to be original paint.  Are you sure yours is supposed to be orange?

How about some hints/tips/suggestions for exorcising the mouldy/musty smell
from 18 years of leaks in the trunk carpet and Tonneau? (Of course after I
get this car back on the road, the oil & gas perfumes may take over anyway!)

Sunlight, air and lysol do wonders for me.  Yank the carpet and padding, hang
it
over a fence to air out in the sun (both sides!).  Spray it down with lysol
quite
liberally, and reinstall.  I've even exercised spilled milk odors this way (not
completely, but pretty close).