RE:Webers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE:Webers
From: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 19:26:08 -0400 (EDT)
>Gerald F. Doherty writes in part:

>I'm contemplating an engine rebuild for my 73 TR6. I asked my mechanic
>for suggestions on increasing the horses.

Plane the head and change the cam to a fast road type cam.

>He strongly urges installation of triple Webers, although he says they are
sometimes hard to
>keep in tune.

Not true- once they are tuned they stay in tune if kept clean.

>He also indicated that the car would probably idle rougher with
>the Webers.

You can make them idle very smoothly- your cam will affect the idle much
more.

>I do not compete in the car; its just my favorite toy. I'd appreciate
>any advice anyone may have on installing Webers, or hearing any
>experiences (good or bad) anyone has had with them.

I have them on my TVR and I recommend them, if you can afford the purchase
price.

Larry Bickel
ljbtvr@aol.com
Lancaster, PA
'68 GT6, my racer
'71 TVR 2500, my street car and sometimes racer
'85 Dodge Van
'83 Chevy S10
'80 Yamaha 650