TR6 speedo and spring outing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 speedo and spring outing
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 10:23:08 -0400
Good morning:
I took the Mistress out for the first time (this spring) yesterday and she
managed to find another TR6 in a backyard not far from home (CC26673L, if
you must know). A bit rough, but a runner, and the owner is in the process
of taking care of things. You meet the nicest people...

Anyway, the speedo is driving me nuts. It is the typical erratic operation,
the needle lashing back and forth and reading high generally. I am
reasonably confident in the cable, at least it looks good. I am wondering
if I will open Pandora's Box if I try to repair this thing myself. It seems
to me that all that may be wrong with it is the lubricants in it are dried
out. I am not a moron when it comes to fine mechanical bits, but do I need
some special watchmaker's tools to get it apart? I hate to send it to
Nisonger's ( I could have done that in January). Help me out here.

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)