Re: NEEDED - Triumph Keys

To: streeter@sanders.com, triumph@uriel.net
Subject: Re: NEEDED - Triumph Keys
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 18:02:02 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-04-17 23:52:07 EDT, streeter@sanders.com (Ken Streeter)
writes:

> > I bought a TR6 that didn't have keys.  I got the heritage certificate
>  > and it has the key codes on it.
>
>  > Does anyone have a source for getting new keys cut from the code?
>
>  I've never used his services before, but Pete Groh runs an
>  ad in each issue of "The Vintage Triumph" advertising keys
>  cut by code.  His advertisement indicates to call
>  from 7pm-9pm Eastern time at 410-750-2352
>
>  --ken
>  VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org

Here are two excerpts from some e-mail messages sent in early '96 re: keys.

1) Keys for British Cars - From 1960 thru 1970s, original Wilmot Breeden
Keys: FA, FP, FS, and FT, $10 each.  Keys cut by code, sible cut, $5
each, double sided cut, $8 each.  Blanks for later models.  Inquiry or
orders, include SASE,.  Pete Groh, 9957 Frederick Rd., Ellicott City, MD
21042  (410-750-2352, 7pm to 9pm EST)

2)Motorhead, Ltd. in Fairfax, VA (800 527-3140) stocks a complete set of key
blanks for British cars.  A spare set of keys can save the cost of re-keying.
 We cut keys from keys ($3 each), preferably for cars visiting us, so we can
test them.  The original blanks, some of which had nice black plastic grips,
are not generally available although they sometimes surface.  Check also with
Pete Groh (410 750-2352) who can cut keys from lock numbers.

Art Kelly  '64TR4 CT33118L