Re: spit front wheel oil seals?

To: mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: spit front wheel oil seals?
From: "Jonathan Miles" <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:24:36
> i received email from another list member who had trouble with
> new spitfire front wheel oil seals. he received oil seals from
> both VB and TRF which would not fit into the hubs. has anyone
> else had trouble with new oil seals? has anyone purchased new
> oil seals recently had had them work like a charm? if so, i'd
> like to buy a set of them!
>
> troubled in tennessee ...
>
> -- michael galloway
>    '78 spitfire

I've also had major problems with these things not fitting.
Eventually I got some from John Kipping (in the UK) which fit OK in
that they are the correct diameter, but the felt on them is a bit
thick which makes bearing adjustment really difficult.  It seems to
be a common problem.

Jonathan

Spit 1500

*************************************