Re: boot lamp switch 76 spit

To: Joseph R Schneider <joe-schneider@nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: boot lamp switch 76 spit
From: Zink <Tiger245@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 23:26:42 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joseph R Schneider wrote:

> OK, I know I'm starting to get a little presbyopic, but my 76 spit has a
> boot lamp, the bulb is OK, but it doesn't light and (here's the potentially
> embarrassing part) I can't find the switch- there doesn't seem to be one
> acutated by lifting the lid and the latch striker doesn't seem to have any
> wiring, can anyone tell me where the switch is?
> thanks
> Joe
>
> Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
> 76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC   VTR #11526  *Spit happens*

Joe,
You are more than likely looking at a mercury switch type lamp.
They're supposed to come on when the hood or deck lid are raised.
Check all of your connections for corrosion.  If this fails to clear up
your problem run a hot test lead to your first connection inside the
trunk and plug it into the lamp side, if it lights you probably need to
check the rest of the wire for faults.

Larry Zink(been there, done that)
1964 Spitfire 4