TR3 tires and AAA Plus

To: musson@arts.usf.edu, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 tires and AAA Plus
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 12:12:05 -0500
> One other thing to consider about tire sizes for a TR3 is how wide a tire
will
> fit in the spare tire well.  I don't know if a 185X70SR15 will fit in the
well,  even when flat.

Definitely true, the 165 is a tight fit.

>Point well taken, however, I rarely drive more than 100 miles from home
>and look upon AAA Plus as my back-up plan.  I do keep a 6.00x15 in the
>spare well for short-term emergencies and can strap the flat on the
>luggage rack.    (FYI a 165x is a tight fit)

Not all of us have luggage racks, but for the few extra dollars a year AAA
Plus is a great investment, at least until you get the car sorted out.
Although,  I did get a pretty significant questioning from my wife when I
suggested we upgrade our coverage to "Plus" because of the LBC.
Jack I. Brooks                                  Brooks@Belcotech.com
Project Manager                                 201-560-8861
Belco Technologies Corporation                  '60 TR3A