FW: Neighbors Burned my TR6

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Neighbors Burned my TR6
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 12:29:54 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[buehler@freestate.net (Paul)]]

     Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 08:42:20 -0400
     From: buehler@freestate.net (Paul)
     Subject: Neighbors Burned my TR6

Fellow TR6 Fans,

About 2am I was awoken to the sound of fire engines in my 'Hood. I live
in a townhouse sort of tucked in a courtyard. I looked out my window and
saw my beloved TR6 on fire. I had put a cover on it for the winter and had
it parked in a unused spot. It seems some of the neighbor kids felt it was
"too quiet around here" and lit the cover off for fun. (This according to
the neighbor who was up feeding her baby and refused to talk to the police
for fear of retribution). I was so heartbroken I took a piece of chalk and
drew a "dead body" line on the pavement around the car.

I'm not sure what to do with the car now. It was a low milage 66K 74 with
a hardtop. The whole interior is gone. Yesterday I sat down on the wire
frame of a seat and grabbed the melted steering wheel. I started the car
and took hold of the charcoal shift knob took spin around the block, Oh
what memories! The car got hot enough to melt the bumper guards and lenses
all around the car. I'm sure it's too far gone to restore. Anybody need
a good drive train? or have any other ideas what I can do with the car?

Sincerly, (sniff!) Melted in Maryland...