Bearings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bearings
From: "PAUL LOGUE" <GPAULOGUE@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 97 13:48:22 UT
The outer bearings on the Spit are almost never a problem.......It's the inner
bearing (needle type) in the rear that's the weak link in this puppy.  If you
don't keep it greased, you will inherit a constant rumbling sound from the
rear and when you take this $3.00 bearing off in pieces, you will find that
the axle needs replacing, since the axle is the "race" for the bearing!  Real
engineering feat.  Then when you get it back together and haven't used the
right torque, after 30 days, you can do this process all over again. When
operational, I grease the rear axle bearings every 30 days.Wow, the things you
learn not to do on this little guy.
Anyway, I love my Spit and am in the middle of an almost(the axles and
bearings will be untouched) ground restoration of my Spit.

Paul Logue
77 Spit