Re: sandblaster<199704090202.WAA16806@ns.shelby.net>

To: "Dan C. Houser" <dchouser@shelby.net>
Subject: Re: sandblaster<199704090202.WAA16806@ns.shelby.net>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 09:31:00 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>Martin
>The small blasters from Sears work fine, but are a slow tedious process.
>The biggest problem
>with sand blasting is it consumes so much air. I started with a 3.5hp, 8
>cmf compressor and
>found it to be unsatisfactory. I upgraded to a 6.5hp,80 gal.
>tank,175psi,two stage compressor
>and it just barely keeps up using a medium size nozzle at 17 cmf
>delivery. If you have enough
>air and plenty of time the Sears blaster will do fine. Be sure to go with
>the 90lb hopper and
>buy an extra ceramic nozzle. Also a fine grade of blasting sand works
>great for paint and or
>rust removal unless you are working fiberglass, then you would need the
>plastic media. Be
>prepared for a messy job!
>The smaller compressor will work, but "It's all hurry up and wait and
>wait and wait."
>Good Luck.

Just as a hopeful helpful(to someone) tip, I was once told that instead of
buying expensive ceramic tips, simply remove the screw on tip of a spark plug,
knock the actual electrode out, and use that ceramic bit, never tried it so I
don't know if it works or not....but what the hell,  it might! :-)

Rich