Re: Front bumper, Spitfire MkI/II

To: KC3565L@sprintmail.com
Subject: Re: Front bumper, Spitfire MkI/II
From: creigkay@juno.com (Creig & Kay Houghtaling)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 07:37:42 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, choughtali@mdc.com
On Thu, 03 Apr 1997 07:01:48 -0700 Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
writes:
>>My question is this.  How are the over riders supposed
>>to be mounted?  Should the top hook be used in
>>what looks like a notch in the top of the hood mounting
>>point?  Are there supposed to be spacers and conical
>>shaped washers that I don't have?  (I did buy new bolts
>>of a couple different lengths that were close.)
>
>The hooks on the back of the over riders do fit into
>the notch on the bonnet hinge bracket.  My manual does
>show a domed "distance washer" behind the bumper but
>lotsa luck finding these.  You can get by with regular
>hardware, just be careful that the bolts don't bottom
>out and make a bump in the front of the over rider
>when you tighten them.
>Dave

Dave (or anyone),

Would you (or anyone else) be able to tell me the thickness
of these domed distance washers?  Right now I am using
spacer over the bolt to hold the bumper away from the
mounting bracket on the car frame.  I think my spacer is
too thick.  It is one inch and I think that is making my angle
wrong for my bolt to engage the nut in the over rider.

Thanks for the info about the spacer, but I don't have an
original book, and obviously don't have the original parts.

Hay!  That gives me an idea!  Does anyone out there on
the list have a parts car (Spitfire Mk. I/II) who would be
willing to sell me these spacer parts?

Creig Houghtaling
St. Louis, MO