Re: Born Too Late

To: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>, dave eaton <dezn490@wadnr.gov>
Subject: Re: Born Too Late
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 97 11:58:34 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Apr 3, 11:44am, "Kevin  O'Driscoll" wrote:
> According to Andy Mace, the notable Triumph scholar ;-),

...and who's got a much better memory than I do.

> three aluminum bodied cars were sent originally to this country.  So
> assuming that these were neither the Nurburgring cars (which were
> obviously Europeans) nor the Revington cars (which are still in the
> motherland), then three aluminum-bodied American cars are still
> unaccounted for...  Maybe someone with experience in the TR4 racing world
> can shed light here...  Irv Manteno or John Lye for instance...

I'm not too sure that I can help much.  I assume that these cars were
the ones that were sent over for the Shell Rallye (hmmmmm, I really
should wait and consult Robson's Works Cars book).  Anyway, I have
a vague memory that the cars stayed in Canada, and that one was
advertised for sale somewhere in the US sometime in the last couple
of years.  I think they're still around in North America, but I
can't remember much more than that.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm