TR6 tires

To: triumph@ibm.net, boballen@sky.net
Subject: TR6 tires
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:38:51 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael & Bob:

For whatever its worth, I run 215 R 65 15 Bridgestone Potenzas, Mounted on
Panasports. As I wrote to the digest earlier, I had a problem with the
Panasports rubbing on the front suspension. I partially solved that problem
by making larger steering stops. I still have a problem, but only when I turn
hard in reverse. To completely eliminate the problem, the stops would have
been so large that the turning radius would be impacted. The tires themselves
are no problem on the front, but they occasionaly rub on the bump stop
bracket in the rear - not much, but enough to rub the paint.

As for performance, This wheel/tire combo replaced a set of Michelin redlines
on a set of VERY badly worn wire wheels, and the transformation is awesome! I
have no idea how much better it might be with a different setup. As for
looks, I think they are killer!

I decided on this wheel/tire combo at the VTR convention at Fort Mitchell, KY
a few years back. I saw several cars there using either these wheels, this
size tires, or both.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

PS: I have a photo of the car on the beach at Daytona, in JPG format. If you
like, I will try to e-mail a copy to you. I am not sure if I can do that
through AOL, but I can try.