Re: Stuck Bolts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stuck Bolts
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:56:12 -0800
Another item on bolts especially in aluminum - DON'T USE GRAPHITE.
Graphite is highly detremental to aluminum.  A real no no is to mark on a
airplane aluminum part with a pencil.  It will promote cracks in the
surface of sheetmetal etc.

The anti seize compounds are available in different compositions to match
the metal used on.  I have some stainless filled and copper filled types
I have had for years.  Copper and aluminum also don't go together.
There is a chart on the compatability factors (electrolysis??) somewhere.
 When joining electrical connections (copper to aluminum or galvanized
material special coatings are required on the connectors etc).

I'll be quite now - too many words

Joe Worsley