Lucas bearing parts. Carpets. TR4 horns

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (triumph cars list)
Subject: Lucas bearing parts. Carpets. TR4 horns
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 16:27:44 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: clayts@vegasnet.net, joeiv@concentric.net, JoeSimcoe@aol.com
hi

This is a 3 part message.

joeiv@concentric.net asked about parts for rebuilding starters
Moss in London have a catalogue of Lucas generator & starter bits:
Tel: 0181-948-6668
Fax: 0181-940-9268

And I would imagine Holden can also supply various electrical things - they
advertise
in the UK based Classic Car magazines. Their catalogue is worth a look too. (I
have it somewhere).

JoeSimcoe@aol.com asked about carpets.
John Skinner have been advertising "Original Spec TR2-6 carpets" for years
in TRaction, the UK TR Register magazine. They explicitly mention TR5/250
Tel: 01285 657410
Fax: 01285 650013

clayts@vegasnet.net asked about TR4 Horns.

If you put the horns on a battery & they dont sound, then the make & break
mechanism
has got corroded/home to spider nest/etc. Drill out the rivets & clean up
inside.
If you are not getting power, then maybe the wiring loom has fractured. There
is a horn run from the loom kinda "underneath" the middle of the carbs & in
my case tended to attract water & corrode. My fell apart as I touched it!
Its a bit tricky to repair with everything in situ,  but its possible to
wield a soldering iron in there.

--

Regards, Adrian + TR4 (horns still working)
             adrian_jefferies@x400.icl.co.uk