TRF tech line...not v. nice

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TRF tech line...not v. nice
From: mtooze@tan.unl.edu (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:16:22 -0600
Heres a quick story,

I just got off the phone with the TRF tech line. I called them because
there is a bushing on my TVR that I suspect is from a spitfire (upper and lower
inner a-arm front susp.). I wanted somebody to measure one
to see if it  matched the one I have on my TVR, if it did...I
would then purchase it. The guy asked me if I had a TR part number, to
which I replied no, but it looked a lot like a spit a-arm bushing,
could he measure it for me. The guy launcehd into a monologue about
how I should call a TVR dealer, or Gene Bird to get one. I said they
didn't have them available.  He then carried on saying how
this wasn't how they normally conducted business and that he needed
a part number and couldn't go running around measuring bushings (I only
wanted him to measure one, the spit one). This
went on for 10 minutes, with me saying "but, I only want you
to measure one..." only to be interupted
in mid-sentence by him telling me how I should call TVR for the part.
 Finally he broke down
and looked up the number on the computer to go get a bushing to measure.
Out of stock.

I've never ordered anything from TRF for the whole time I've I've
owned/ran british cars, because they are always out of stock and they are
expensive. This mans rudeness pretty much capped it for me....

marcus

----- End Included Message -----