RE: TR-3A Steering Column

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR-3A Steering Column
From: "Dahman, Ken" <Ken.Dahman@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:11:32 -0600
Bob Rankin wrote...snip

>This may apply to other TR models also, but I have a question about the
>stator tube inside the steering column on the TR-3. This is the tube
>which runs all the way from the steering box to the steering head, and
>keeps the head from turning with the steering wheel. Mine fractured
>about 3" down inside the column, and I've never seen this part listed
>in any of my catalogues. If anyone has any experience with this sort of
>thing, let me know. I just taped the head to the wheel, so they turn
>together,but I'm worried that the wires will fray eventually. Not a
>happy thought!
snip...

---------------------------------------
Bob,

When I purchased my '59 TR3A several years ago, it suffered from a
broken stator tube.
Like you, I could not find a "new" part from Moss, TRF, Vicky British,
etc. I used Hemmings to put together a list of Triumph parts suppliers
and using the phone, found one. Sorry, my records are at home so I can't
give you the name and number of the place where I got it. But a new
Hemmings will be much more current. Good luck.

Ken.Dahman@anheuser-busch.com
1959 TR3A
Ballwin, Missouri
(314) 391-0016