Re: re Oiling Trunnions

To: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com>
Subject: Re: re Oiling Trunnions
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 12:44:23 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, guyotleonf@aol.com, odd@triumphclub.se
Hi Andrew,
You asked:
> Can the end be unscrewed?

Yes the tip can be screwed off, but it won't do you any good
since the non return valve for the pumping mechanism is in
the tip. Also, since it is supposed to pump against a back-
pressure, the volume of the cylinder/piston action is small.
My guess is that for inserting the amounts of oil needed in
the gearbox, differential and such an ordinary pump intended
for changing the gearbox oil would be a better, and cheaper,
choice.

> Is a similar thing available in the UK?Don't really know, but since I could
>find one easily in a
remote little Swedish village, I'm sure it will be easy to
find one virtually anywhere on the globe where Mercury Marine
is represented. From an old (April '94) DIVER magazine I see
that (at that time) the British representative for Mercury
Marine was a firm called:

Sowester Ltd
Stinsford Road
Nuffield Estate, Poole
Dorset BH17 7SW
(tel 0202 667700)

If those data are still correct I don't know, try 'em out.
It might work...
Good luck,
/Odd

--

Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4        International liaison secretary,