Re: TR6 Diff mounts -polyurethane/nylatron

To: Kenneth Brown <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: TR6 Diff mounts -polyurethane/nylatron
From: Glenn Franco <gfranco@provide.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 21:14:18 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kenneth Brown wrote:

> On Tue Aaron Johnson wrote:
> >The Poly diff mounts are not really recommended for street use.  They >put
>way
> to much strain on the diff.  I would just stick to rubber ones.  >But if you
> really want them they are available from British Parts >Northwest.
>
> Do the poly diff mounts put to much pressure on the differntial or on the
> bracket........Is this the opioin shared by others on the list?
>
> Ken Brown
> TR250 getting closer to being back on the road each day
-------------------------------
Ken
Just a W.A.G. but I'd have to say after pulling apart 4 TR6's and
reparing two in that area and throwing away the other two frames, that
its going to be the differential mount or studs that pull out. Mine
(both 71 and 74) are reinforces per an artical from Grassroots
motorsports back in 91. Some of this material is available through TRF.

I just purchase the whole set including the Diff mounts. Mine are boxed
and reinforced.

Just my .02 cents worth

Glenn Franco

71 & 74 TR6