Blimey

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Blimey
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:25:43 -0500 (EST)
smith007@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> >Blimey
> And what the heck does BLIMEY mean?
>
> Phil Smith
> Tampa, FL.
> 69 TR6
Blimey, or, as you will hear in England, "Gor Blimey", is a contraction
of the mild, and in some books blasphemous, oath, "God blind me".  The
contraction probably occured in the 18th century, I believe.

Friends,
Thanks funny, I thought it was a polite contraction for what you say after
you bust your knuckles trying to change the oil on your left hand drive
Triumph.   "Bloody Limeys!!"
        As for us "Yanks," well you know we're having some problems with
tennis elbow these days...
        What I'm left puzzling over are those "Wankers" from down
under...
        Just what is it that they are Wanking anyway, surely not Mazda
sportscar engines, no thats Wankel  %^)

...your vernacularly-challenged Irish American Correspondant
-KevinO