Remove/Refit Crankshaft Nut on 74 Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Remove/Refit Crankshaft Nut on 74 Spitfire
From: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 05:27:39 -0700
I need to replace the timing gear oil seal and gasket on my 74 spitfire
(something at the front of the engine is seeping/slinging oil).  What tool
should I use to remove/refit the crankshaft pully retaining nut?

This nut appears to be approximately 2-3" in diameter.  I can probably use a
pipe wernch to remove it, but what do I use to refit and torque it??

Also, does anyone know if a new timing gear cover (such as the one shown on
pg 73 of the VB catalog) comes with the tensioner mounting bracket installed?

Barry H. Adams
74 Spitfire