Re: 1971 TR6 Restoration

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Re: 1971 TR6 Restoration
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 20:24:37 -0400
Hi Steve,

I might be able to help you on this one !  First, the slave cylinder has
to be where it is, due to pushrod linkage etc.  Second, if your spin-on
filter adaptor is like most others, it has a bug center bolt holding it
to the block, and the spin=on filter screwed on from below.  There's no
reason that it needs to hang vertically, just loosen the center bolt and
rotate the whole thing away from the slave bleeder.  All modern spin-on
filters that I've ever seen have anti-drain-back valves in them anyway,
sou you could probably mount the thing any which way you like.

OOps change `bug' center bolt to `big' and that should do it !!
Hopefully everything will still be oil-tight, too, when you're done.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio  6-Packer--heading for Indy Oct 5 !