Re: Full Cleveland (no LBC)

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: Full Cleveland (no LBC)
From: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:23:01 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I didn't expect someone from the Left Coast to recognize a Full Cleveland !

...On that part of the left coast that is North of the 49th parallel
(source of many frost-backs) we have a similar reference to "The Full
Nanaimo"...that reference stems from a former mayor of the city who was
well known for his wardrobe consisting of checked jackets, and or slacks
set off with any two of: awhite tie, white patent shoes, and a white
belt.....oh, and the previously mentioned checked items usually involved at
least two colours not found in nature.

"The Full Nanaimo" has since come to refer to anything from a similar taste
in sartorial display to a complete disregard for accepted norms in a
particular field, to a severe case of  "bumpkinism".

...does that bear any resemblance to "the Full Clevland"?

David J. R. Williams
TS 12287L
CF 18015
CF 20725