Re: SPITFIRE HARDTOP

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@fn.net>
Subject: Re: SPITFIRE HARDTOP
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 12:31:14 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: hugh.mcaleer@hideout.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Martin Libhart wrote:

> work on my '70 Spitfire, it is my understanding that the hardtop
> stayed the same through 1970, but the attachment method was modified
> at comm. no. FD20,000 LHS and FD13,980 RHS...

> (Note to triumph list members:  let me know if you have additional
> information on interchangeability of original Spit hardtops for 1964
> through 1970 models....

Martin, what exactly is the difference in attachment? The only serious
difference I can think of would be the way the hardtop attaches behind
the B post. The windshield and tonneau attachments are pretty much the
same throughout 1962-70, right?

Curious, now that you've raised the subject!

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *